How to Make Tomato Kibbeh Salad FREE Recipe
by Kristin Omdahl
One of my all-time favorite foods in the whole world! Tomato kibbeh is a bright, fresh vegan salad that keeps in the fridge for days. parsley, red onion, tomato, bulgar wheat, cinnamon, turmeric, lemon and homemade garlic oil
Scroll to the bottom of this free pattern page to watch both the tomato kibbeh salad video and the homemade garlic oil video.
1 bunch chopped parsley
1 cup bulgar wheat
2 small cans tomato paste
1-1/2 large red onions, chopped
2 large lemons
1 TBSP cinnamon
1 tsp tumeric
2 TBSP homemade garlic oil
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Optional: garnish with chopped green onions
1. Finely chop the parsley and add to a large mixing bowl.
2. Chop the onions and add to the same mixing bowl.
3. Mix equal parts bulgar wheat and boiling water. Cover and let steep in a separate bowl for 10 minutes.
4. Squeeze the juice of 2 large lemons into the mixing bowl. Watch for seeds!
5. Open 2 small cans of tomato paste and add contents to mixing bowl.
6. Add cinnamon, turmeric and garlic oil to mixing bowl.
7. Add cooked, and cooled, bulgar wheat to mixing bowl.
8. Mix everything thoroughly together.
9. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Shop Kristin Omdahl Yarns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns HERE
I would love to see your creations. Just as much fun as making these myself is the satisfaction I get from seeing my designs come to life and other crochet fans wearing them too. There are now 2 ways you can share what you have done!
- Share yours by joining Create. Share. Inspire on Facebook where you can interact with me as well as many other members who have a love of knitting and crochet just like you! It is a wonderful and safe place to share your photos of finished projects in my knitting or crochet patterns or yarns, and to see what others are making, too.
- I have recently added a wonderful new interactive section to the website which I invite you to take part in, it has been a smashing success and such fun so far. It is the new “Share Your Project” section. You, my creators, can upload images and descriptions of your creations to share with the ever growing community! To upload simply click here.
Additionally, I host a livestreaming podcast weekday on my YouTube Channel called Create Share Inspire Podcast. You can join the audience and even ask me questions LIVE! I often do a show and tell, or quick demo and I always interact with the live audience. It is a lot of fun!
You can browse through over 800 previously recorded episodes HERE: Create Share Inspire Podcast Playlist . Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to get reminders when the next episode airs LIVE.
I look forward to seeing what you create!