Quinoa Chia Crackers FREE Recipe by Kristin Omdahl
As I have been working towards a much cleaner diet, I find that I crave crispy texture. I don’t want to eat commercially processed crackers or chips, but I want to feel the crunch as I bite into a crispy, healthy snack.
I knew what kind of healthy ingredients I wanted in the cracker: quinoa, chia, hemp and any seeds on hand – but what I did not want was flour, egg or oil. So! I thought on it a while, and wondered if the thickening of chia seeds in water would work as the binder. As long as I cooked them slow and long, and flipped them to get crispy on both sides… it seemed possible.
I am happy to report back that it ABSOLUTELY worked. It was EASY to make them, and the seasoning possibilities are endless. For this first batch, I added smoked paprika and nutritional yeast. But I think you could easily go savory or sweet with your spices, and you could certainly represent all sorts of ethnic flavor profiles, too.
1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 cup water
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 TBSP nutritional yeast
Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Soak chia seeds in water for 5 minutes.
3. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl.
4. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner.
5. Spread the mixture evenly over baking sheet, spreading it to 1/4″ thin, trying to smooth the edges into a rectangle.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Cut crackers into squares (should make 20 crackers).
8. Flip each one over with a spatula.
9. Bake for 30 minutes more.
Click here for more of Kristin’s FREE Recipes!
Shop Kristin Omdahl Yarns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns HERE
I would love to see your creations. Just as much fun as making these myself is the satisfaction I get from seeing my designs come to life and other crochet fans wearing them too. There are now 2 ways you can share what you have done!
- Share yours by joining Create. Share. Inspire on Facebook where you can interact with me as well as many other members who have a love of knitting and crochet just like you! It is a wonderful and safe place to share your photos of finished projects in my knitting or crochet patterns or yarns, and to see what others are making, too.
- I have recently added a wonderful new interactive section to the website which I invite you to take part in, it has been a smashing success and such fun so far. It is the new “Share Your Project” section. You, my creators, can upload images and descriptions of your creations to share with the ever growing community! To upload simply click here.
Additionally, I host a livestreaming podcast weekday on my YouTube Channel called Create Share Inspire Podcast. You can join the audience and even ask me questions LIVE! I often do a show and tell, or quick demo and I always interact with the live audience. It is a lot of fun!
You can browse through over 800 previously recorded episodes HERE: Create Share Inspire Podcast Playlist . Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to get reminders when the next episode airs LIVE.
I look forward to seeing what you create!
One thought on “Quinoa Chia Crackers FREE Recipe”
Thank you! Shall try this!