Rueben Quinoa Bowl FREE Recipe
by Kristin Omdahl
I made my first batch of homemade sauerkraut this week. I can think of no better meal to feature this delicacy than a Rueben. However, in an effort to eating cleaner, reducing my sugar and gluten intake, I wanted to come up with a healthier yet satisfying version of my beloved Reuben!
I replaced the bread with a bowl of pre-made quinoa. I find it is so much easier to replace my carbs with quinoa if I make a big batch at the beginning of the week and scoop out a 1cup portion at mealtime. I skipped the cheese, but added all the other fixings to a traditional Reuben sandwich.
1 cup pre-cooked quinoa
2 slices deli corned beef
1 cup sauerkraut (I use homemade but store bought will do)
1 TBSP 1000 Island Dressing
1. Layer the bottom of your bowl with the quinoa.
2. Layer the sauerkraut on top of the quinoa.
3. Roughly chop up the corned beef and layer on top of the sauerkraut.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the top.
5. Toss to combine.
6. Tastes good at room temperature or heated up.
Click here for more of Kristin’s FREE Recipes!
Shop Kristin Omdahl Yarns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns HERE
I would love to see your creations. Just as much fun as making these myself is the satisfaction I get from seeing my designs come to life and other crochet fans wearing them too. There are now 2 ways you can share what you have done!
- Share yours by joining Create. Share. Inspire on Facebook where you can interact with me as well as many other members who have a love of knitting and crochet just like you! It is a wonderful and safe place to share your photos of finished projects in my knitting or crochet patterns or yarns, and to see what others are making, too.
- I have recently added a wonderful new interactive section to the website which I invite you to take part in, it has been a smashing success and such fun so far. It is the new “Share Your Project” section. You, my creators, can upload images and descriptions of your creations to share with the ever growing community! To upload simply click here.
Additionally, I host a livestreaming podcast weekday on my YouTube Channel called Create Share Inspire Podcast. You can join the audience and even ask me questions LIVE! I often do a show and tell, or quick demo and I always interact with the live audience. It is a lot of fun!
You can browse through over 800 previously recorded episodes HERE: Create Share Inspire Podcast Playlist . Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to get reminders when the next episode airs LIVE.
I look forward to seeing what you create!