Easy One Pot Spaghetti and Sausage FREE Recipe
by Kristin Omdahl
Many years ago, when I lived in Israel, I had a friend who taught me a clever trick for making one-pot spaghetti. You make your meat (optional), sauce AND pasta all in the same pot! This technique could be applied to unlimited combinations of ingredients for all kinds of amazing dishes. In this recipe, I teach you the basic ratio and a classic, fresh sauce with Italian Sausage.
5 cups of water or stock works well with 1 pound of pasta. You would want to adjust this if using wetter or drier ingredients. The starch from the pasta thickens the sauce very slightly. It is fragrant, fresh, delicious and EASY!
What you will need:
1 lb Italian Sausage (optional)
2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped basil
1 lb spaghetti
5 cups water (stock optional)
Himalayan pink salt & black pepper to taste
1. In a large stock pot, brown the meat on all sides.
2. Chop the sausage into bite sized pieces. Add all of the ingredients and bring to a boil, while stirring.
3. Continue to stir for 8 – 10 minutes. Taste the pasta to make sure it doesn’t cook past the al dente stage.
Click here for more of Kristin’s free recipes!
Shop Kristin Omdahl Yarns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns HERE
I would love to see your creations. Just as much fun as making these myself is the satisfaction I get from seeing my designs come to life and other crochet fans wearing them too. There are now 2 ways you can share what you have done!
- Share yours by joining Create. Share. Inspire on Facebook where you can interact with me as well as many other members who have a love of knitting and crochet just like you! It is a wonderful and safe place to share your photos of finished projects in my knitting or crochet patterns or yarns, and to see what others are making, too.
- I have recently added a wonderful new interactive section to the website which I invite you to take part in, it has been a smashing success and such fun so far. It is the new “Share Your Project” section. You, my creators, can upload images and descriptions of your creations to share with the ever growing community! To upload simply click here.
Additionally, I host a livestreaming podcast weekday on my YouTube Channel called Create Share Inspire Podcast. You can join the audience and even ask me questions LIVE! I often do a show and tell, or quick demo and I always interact with the live audience. It is a lot of fun!
You can browse through over 800 previously recorded episodes HERE: Create Share Inspire Podcast Playlist . Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to get reminders when the next episode airs LIVE.
I look forward to seeing what you create!