One Pot Chicken Fried Rice FREE Recipe
by Kristin Omdahl
My son LOVES to order Chinese carryout, but I cringe at the idea of eating so much processed food. I’ve made a few attempts at fried rice over the years and I took his constructive criticism and applied it to new versions. I KNEW if I didn’t give up I could create a delicious version that was HEALTHY and FRESH and HOMEMADE. With this recipe he declared he LOVES my homemade fried rice! And, to make it even more fun for me, I made it a ONE POT dish, so the clean up is fast!
We used chicken tonight, but you could add any kind of protein you like. And I think a vegetarian version would be wonderful, too.
What you will need:
2 lbs chicken, cut into 2″ pieces
1 TBSP olive oil
2 cups jasmine rice
4 cups organic vegetable stock
1 red pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 carrot, grated
1 bunch of cilantro, sliced
4 limes, quartered
1 TBSP freshly grated ginger
1 TBSP freshly minced garlic
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
6 eggs, beaten
Himalayan pink salt and black pepper to taste
This recipe serves 6 – 8
1. Brown the chicken in a large pot with the olive oil over high heat.
2. Add the rice, vegetables and stock. Stir.
3. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the soy sauce and mix well.
5. Add the beaten eggs and fold gently. Turn the heat off. Cover. Let sit for 5 minutes.
6. Add the cilantro, minus 1 TBSP for garnish. Mix together.
7. Serve in a large bowl with cilantro sprinkled on top and lime slices (1 per serving).
Shop Kristin Omdahl Yarns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns HERE
I would love to see your creations. Just as much fun as making these myself is the satisfaction I get from seeing my designs come to life and other crochet fans wearing them too. There are now 2 ways you can share what you have done!
- Share yours by joining Create. Share. Inspire on Facebook where you can interact with me as well as many other members who have a love of knitting and crochet just like you! It is a wonderful and safe place to share your photos of finished projects in my knitting or crochet patterns or yarns, and to see what others are making, too.
- I have recently added a wonderful new interactive section to the website which I invite you to take part in, it has been a smashing success and such fun so far. It is the new “Share Your Project” section. You, my creators, can upload images and descriptions of your creations to share with the ever growing community! To upload simply click here.
Additionally, I host a livestreaming podcast weekday on my YouTube Channel called Create Share Inspire Podcast. You can join the audience and even ask me questions LIVE! I often do a show and tell, or quick demo and I always interact with the live audience. It is a lot of fun!
You can browse through over 800 previously recorded episodes HERE: Create Share Inspire Podcast Playlist . Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to get reminders when the next episode airs LIVE.
I look forward to seeing what you create!