Jalapeño Popper Dip Free Recipe
by Kristin Omdahl
This bubbly hot dip is bursting with flavor. Inspired by my favorite bar food, jalapeño poppers, with some liberties to make it a lovely dip. This is a great year round treat for your friends and families. It isn’t very expensive, super easy to make, and would be great for a dish to pass, a sporting event, or a holiday appetizer.
Please share it with your friends!
What you will need:
2 8oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sour cream
1/2 red onion, finely diced
2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
1 jalapeño, finely diced and seeds removed (keep the seeds if you prefer a hotter dip)
1 4oz can fire roasted jalapeños
1 4oz cans of mild fire roasted green chilies (replace this with jalapeños if you prefer a hotter dip)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
4 TBSP melted butter
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
3 TBSP freshly chopped parsley
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Finely chop all the fresh ingredients: jalapeño, onion, garlic.
3. In a large mixing bowl, blend all the dip ingredients together.
4. Fill a baking dish with the dip.
5. Chop the fresh parsley.
6. Melt the butter.
7. In a small mixing bowl, blend the butter, panko breadcrumbs, remaining parmesan cheese and parsley together.
8. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the dip.
9. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until hot and topping is golden brown.
Serve with crackers, pretzels or crudite. Would make an incredible stuffing for baked chicken. And a great spread on hot sandwiches, too.
Click here for more of my Free Recipes!
Shop Kristin Omdahl Yarns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns HERE
I would love to see your creations. Just as much fun as making these myself is the satisfaction I get from seeing my designs come to life and other crochet fans wearing them too. There are now 2 ways you can share what you have done!
- Share yours by joining Create. Share. Inspire on Facebook where you can interact with me as well as many other members who have a love of knitting and crochet just like you! It is a wonderful and safe place to share your photos of finished projects in my knitting or crochet patterns or yarns, and to see what others are making, too.
- I have recently added a wonderful new interactive section to the website which I invite you to take part in, it has been a smashing success and such fun so far. It is the new “Share Your Project” section. You, my creators, can upload images and descriptions of your creations to share with the ever growing community! To upload simply click here.
Additionally, I host a livestreaming podcast weekday on my YouTube Channel called Create Share Inspire Podcast. You can join the audience and even ask me questions LIVE! I often do a show and tell, or quick demo and I always interact with the live audience. It is a lot of fun!
You can browse through over 800 previously recorded episodes HERE: Create Share Inspire Podcast Playlist . Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to get reminders when the next episode airs LIVE.
I look forward to seeing what you create!