Totally Plant Based Quinoa Breakfast Cookies Free Recipe
By Kristin Omdahl
Breakfast needs to be planned ahead and EASY for me, or I skip the meal completely. Yes, I know it is wrong. Yes, I know how important breakfast is supposed to be for my health and metabolism. But if I’m being truly honest, if it isn’t grab and go, it doesn’t happen.
Which is why I developed this recipe! I wanted to pack in as many healthy ingredients as I could, while keeping the sugar content low, and the nutrients high, and keeping it 100% plant based. There is no egg, no butter and no flour! I am thrilled to tell you that it worked! It is super easy, delicious, and can be made ahead no problem. You can add different spices to change it up, too.
What you will need:
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
1/2 cup hemp hearts
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup softened coconut manna
1-1/2 cups rolled oats
1-1/2 cup cooked quinoa (great use of leftovers!)
1/4 cup homemade ginger simple syrup (or maple syrup or honey)
1/2 cup nut butter (peanut, cashew, almond or sunflower seed)
2 really ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
2 TBSP cinnamon
Recipe makes 36 cookies. Nutritional information is based on a 2 cookie serving.
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Lightly grease mini muffin tins or baking sheets
4. Fill the mini muffin tins or scoop into tablespoon size rounds and place on cookie sheet.
5. Bake in oven for 15 – 18 minutes, or until slightly browned on top.
6. Let cool before storing.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Best served at room temperature or slightly warm.
Shop Kristin Omdahl Yarns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns HERE
I would love to see your creations. Just as much fun as making these myself is the satisfaction I get from seeing my designs come to life and other crochet fans wearing them too. There are now 2 ways you can share what you have done!
- Share yours by joining Create. Share. Inspire on Facebook where you can interact with me as well as many other members who have a love of knitting and crochet just like you! It is a wonderful and safe place to share your photos of finished projects in my knitting or crochet patterns or yarns, and to see what others are making, too.
- I have recently added a wonderful new interactive section to the website which I invite you to take part in, it has been a smashing success and such fun so far. It is the new “Share Your Project” section. You, my creators, can upload images and descriptions of your creations to share with the ever growing community! To upload simply click here.
Additionally, I host a livestreaming podcast weekday on my YouTube Channel called Create Share Inspire Podcast. You can join the audience and even ask me questions LIVE! I often do a show and tell, or quick demo and I always interact with the live audience. It is a lot of fun!
You can browse through over 800 previously recorded episodes HERE: Create Share Inspire Podcast Playlist . Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to get reminders when the next episode airs LIVE.
I look forward to seeing what you create!