How to Make Chopped Salad with easy Avocado Dressing Free Recipe
By Kristin Omdahl
I love chopped salad SO MUCH. I fell in love with the concept of chopped tomato and cucumber salad when I lived in Israel many years ago. I have used this base to make dozens of different salads since then. It is great as a salsa, as a sauce over rice or pasta, as a topping to crusty bread (like bruschetta), rolled into a burrito, or by the spoonful as a salad. You can’t go wrong with this burst of fresh flavors. For this rendition, I added a rich dressing made of mashed avocado, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar. If you have left over guacamole, you could easily substitute that for the avocado, too.
What you will need:
1 english cucumber, chopped
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bunch green onion, chopped
1/2 avocado, mashed
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
Himalayan pink salt to taste (I used 1/2 tsp)
What to do:
1. Chop the cucumber, tomatoes, cilantro, green onion and combine in a large bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, mash the avocado.
3. Add lime juice, olive oil and red wine vinegar to the mashed avocado and whisk together.
4. Toss the salad with the dressing. Season with salt to taste.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE OF KRISTIN’S FREE RECIPES
Shop Kristin Omdahl Yarns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns HERE
I would love to see your creations. Just as much fun as making these myself is the satisfaction I get from seeing my designs come to life and other crochet fans wearing them too. There are now 2 ways you can share what you have done!
- Share yours by joining Create. Share. Inspire on Facebook where you can interact with me as well as many other members who have a love of knitting and crochet just like you! It is a wonderful and safe place to share your photos of finished projects in my knitting or crochet patterns or yarns, and to see what others are making, too.
- I have recently added a wonderful new interactive section to the website which I invite you to take part in, it has been a smashing success and such fun so far. It is the new “Share Your Project” section. You, my creators, can upload images and descriptions of your creations to share with the ever growing community! To upload simply click here.
Additionally, I host a livestreaming podcast weekday on my YouTube Channel called Create Share Inspire Podcast. You can join the audience and even ask me questions LIVE! I often do a show and tell, or quick demo and I always interact with the live audience. It is a lot of fun!
You can browse through over 800 previously recorded episodes HERE: Create Share Inspire Podcast Playlist . Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to get reminders when the next episode airs LIVE.
I look forward to seeing what you create!