Super Easy & Quick 4 Ingredient Protein Cookie Recipe by Kristin Omdahl
This is a super quick and easy recipe for protein cooking that starts with 4 ingredients: oats, ripe bananas, nut butter of your choice and protein powder. You can add other ingredients to change the flavor and add variety, but the basic recipe for the cookies can be made with these 4 ingredients.
Sometimes I add dried fruit, chocolate chips, unsweetened dried coconut, shredded apple, zucchini or chopped nuts. But I always start with the 4 main ingredients: oats, protein powder, nut butter of your choice (I used peanut butter) and ripe bananas. You can use fresh or previously frozen bananas for this recipe, too. When you see your bananas turning too ripe, peel & pop them into the freezer for the next time you want to make this delicious and healthy recipe!
What you will need:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 scoops protein powder of your choice (I like banana nut flavored protein powder for this recipe) you can find mine HERE
- 2 TBSP nut butter of your choice (I used peanut butter)
- Optional: 4 TBSP chopped dried fruits, dark chocolate chips, or chopped nuts
- Optional spice: 1 tsp cinnamon or other desired spice blend
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone liner, parchment paper or lightly grease it with cooking spray.
- Peel and mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine protein powder and nut butter with bananas.
- Fold in the oats and any other optional ingredients.
- Scoop out cookie dough with an ice cream scooper and roll into a ball. Place on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes, depending on size of cookies. You want them to be slightly golden and just cooked through the middle.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Cookies will last several days in airtight container in the refrigerator. They also freeze well.
Browse more of Kristin Omdahl Recipes HERE