Kristin’s Family Recipe of Norwegian Finger Cookies
This is a recipe that has been handed down generation after generation in my family. And it is always served around Christmastime. It is a simple list of ingredients, yet creates a delicious, sweet and buttery confection that reminds me of my grandma.
What you will need:
- 2 sticks butter
- 5 TBSP sugar, plus extra 1/4 cup for rolling cookies
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 TBSP water
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla with spoon.
- Add flour and water.
- Fold in nuts.
- Shape into finger cookies.
- Roll cookies in extra sugar.
- Bake on ungreased pan for 15 minutes or until very slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Serve immediately, or store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
This recipe yields 16 large or 32 small finger cookies. Enjoy!
For more of Kristin’s recipes, click HERE
Kristin Omdahl is the best-selling author of dozens of knit and crochet books; publisher of almost 1000 knit and crochet patterns; producer of award-winning videos; and curator of gorgeous yarns and products. You can join Kristin LIVE 5 days a week for The Kristin Omdahl Show on YouTube and browse through thousands of tutorial videos there, too. Kristin donates a portion of every sale to help survivors of domestic violence. Learn more about Kristin’s charity, Project Kristin Cares HERE.
I would love to see your creations. Just as much fun as making these myself is the satisfaction I get from seeing my designs come to life and other knit and crochet fans wearing them too. There are now 2 ways you can share what you have done!
- I have recently added a wonderful new interactive section to the website which I invite you to take part in, it has been a smashing success and such fun so far. It is the new “Share Your Project” section. You, my creators, can upload images and descriptions of your creations to share with the ever growing community! To upload simply click here.
Additionally, I host a livestreaming podcast, vlog or show weekday on my YouTube Channel called The Kristin Omdahl Show. You can join the audience and even ask me questions LIVE! I often do a show and tell, or quick demo and I always interact with the live audience. It is a lot of fun!
You can browse through close to 1000 previously recorded episodes HERE: The Kristin Omdahl Show Playlist. Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to get reminders when the next episode airs LIVE.
Join the KO Community for a PRIVATE forum to chat with other KO friends HERE
I look forward to seeing what you create!