How to Knit the Picot Bind Off by Kristin Omdahl
Picot Bind Off is a great knitting technique for a decorative and stretchy edge. And it is really easy to do, too! It is also very easy to modify for various knitting patterns, too.
In the video below, my repeat is KCO 3, BO 7. Because my stitch pattern is a multiple of four stitches, the difference between the KCO and the BO is 4. 7 – 3 = 4.
- If your stitch pattern is a multiple of 3, your picot bind off could be KCO 3, BO 6.
- If your stitch pattern is multiple of 7 sts, your picot bind off could be KCO 3, BO 10.
- If your stitch pattern is a multiple of 8, this is also a multiple of 4, so you could use my original method of KCO 3, BO 7.
As you can see, this is a very easy to modify knit bind off technique.
Here are some patterns that feature the picot knit bind off technique:
Kristin Omdahl is the best-selling author of dozens of knit and crochet books; designer of almost 1000 knit and crochet patterns; and producer of award-winning videos. You can join Kristin LIVE 5 days a week for The Kristin Omdahl Show on YouTube and browse through thousands of tutorial videos there, too. Kristin donates a portion of every sale to help survivors of domestic violence. Learn more about Kristin’s charity, Project Kristin Cares HERE.
Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns HERE
I would love to see your creations. Just as much fun as making these myself is the satisfaction I get from seeing my designs come to life and other knit and crochet fans wearing them too. There are now 2 ways you can share what you have done!
- I have recently added a wonderful new interactive section to the website which I invite you to take part in, it has been a smashing success and such fun so far. It is the new “Share Your Project” section. You, my creators, can upload images and descriptions of your creations to share with the ever growing community! To upload simply click here.
- If you want to continue the party, join the KO Community Forums on my website. It is 100% PRIVATE! You can start or join forum posts, and even direct message others, too. Join the KO Community forums HERE
Additionally, I host a livestreaming podcast, vlog or show weekday on my YouTube Channel called The Kristin Omdahl Show. You can join the audience and even ask me questions LIVE! I often do a show and tell, or quick demo and I always interact with the live audience. It is a lot of fun!
You can also Refer-A-Friend and get rewarded, too! Learn more HERE
I look forward to seeing what you create!