NEW! Introduction to Knitting Course Part 1 with Kristin Omdahl
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of knitting basics to get started on your creative journey. Download the course handout and follow the link to the lessons. Watch at your convenience and as often as you like!
You will learn the following skills in this Knitting Course:
- How to cast on with 3 techinques
- How to bind off in knit, purl and a combination of the two stitches
- How to make a knit stitch, purl stitch, slip stitch and slip knot
- How to knit four stitch patterns: garter stitch, stockinette stitch, seed stitch and 1×1 rib stitch patterns
- How to make the Ivy Knit Scarf Pattern
- And how to fix some common mistakes with troubleshooting tips
Empower your creative spirit and get started knitting today!
You will need the following materials for this Knitting Course:
- #6 super bulky yarn, I used Lion Brand Re-Spun Thick & Quick you can find it HERE
- US15 (10mm) knitting needles, circulars or straights, I used bamboo circular knitting needles found HERE
- Yarn needle
- Tape measure
This is the first of a series of five knitting courses that will build upon the lessons in the prior courses.
Join the waitlist for more knitting courses HERE
Shop Knitting Books HERE
Shop & Download Knitting Patterns HERE
Kristin Omdahl is the best-selling author of dozens of knit and crochet books; designer of almost 1000 knit and crochet patterns; and producer of award-winning videos. You can join Kristin LIVE 5 days a week for The Kristin Omdahl Show on YouTube and browse through thousands of tutorial videos there, too. Kristin donates a portion of every sale to help survivors of domestic violence. Learn more about Kristin’s charity, Project Kristin Cares HERE.
Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns HERE
Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns HERE
I would love to see your creations. Just as much fun as making these myself is the satisfaction I get from seeing my designs come to life and other knit and crochet fans wearing them too. There are now 2 ways you can share what you have done!
- I have recently added a wonderful new interactive section to the website which I invite you to take part in, it has been a smashing success and such fun so far. It is the new “Share Your Project” section. You, my creators, can upload images and descriptions of your creations to share with the ever growing community! To upload simply click here.
- If you want to continue the party, join the KO Community Forums on my website. It is 100% PRIVATE! You can start or join forum posts, and even direct message others, too. Join the KO Community forums HERE
Additionally, I host a livestreaming podcast, vlog or show weekday on my YouTube Channel called The Kristin Omdahl Show. You can join the audience and even ask me questions LIVE! I often do a show and tell, or quick demo and I always interact with the live audience. It is a lot of fun!
You can also Refer-A-Friend and get rewarded, too! Learn more HERE
I look forward to seeing what you create!