The Aster Crochet Plant Hanger Pattern is a very quick and easy project you can make for a last-minute gift or to decorate a space in your own home. You can use fresh plants or artificial plants like I did in this example.
Watch the video tutorial here:
- This includes 3 potted faux plants.The small fake plant measures approx. 9.5″ tall. The paper pulp pot appr. 3.65″ tall wide
- The mini potted artificial plants have eucalyptus leaves that are made of plastic. The pot is made of good paper pulp, please do not put it in the water.
- No need for much maintenance or care the plastic plants, they will neither wither nor fade. Just occasionally wipe it gently with a damp cloth.
A crochet plant hanger is a great way to decorate these adorable mini plants and also makes your space clutter-free as they do not take up precious counter space. I prefer to hang plants to keep my space clutter-free and it’s safer for all pets, too.
Enjoy this free crochet pattern page or download the free PDF pattern HERE.
What you will need:
- Mini potted plants, as sold here
- Small yardage of #3 dk weight yarn, shown in Hobbii Yarn’s Recycled Cotton, 1 ball color off-white
- G/6 (4mm) crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Ch5, slst to 5th ch from hook to form ring.
Round 1: Ch3, 2dc-cl in ring (counts as beg 3dc-cl), (ch3, 3dc-cl in ring)x5, ch1, hdc in top of first cl st at beg of round to join (ch1, hdc counts as last ch3 sp). — 6 ch3 sps
Round 2: Ch1, sc in same sp, *ch5, sc in next ch3 sp. Rep from * around, ch2, dc in top of sc at beg of round to join (ch2, dc counts as last ch5 sp). — 6 ch5 sps
Round 3: Ch1, sc in same sp, *ch7, sc in next ch5 sp. Rep from * around, ch3, tr in top of sc at beg of round to join (ch3, tr counts as last ch7 sp). — 6 ch7 sps
Rounds 4 – 8: Rep round 3.
Round 9: Ch3 (counts as dc), 3dc in same ch7 sp, [in next ch7 sp work (3dc, ch65, 3dc), in next ch7 sp work 7dc]x2, in next ch7 sp work (3dc, ch65, 3dc), work 3dc in first ch7 sp, slst to top of ch3 at beg of round to join. Fasten off.
Row 1: Join yarn in center of all 3 ch65 sps with a slst, ch3, dc in same sp, do not turn.
Row 2: Ch3 dc in sp between 2 sts on prev row, do not turn.
Rows 3 – 13: Rep row 2. Fasten off at the end of row 13.
Let me know in the comments if you make the Aster Crochet Plant Hanger Pattern AND who you make it for!
Kristin Omdahl patterns, books, handouts and videos are for your personal use only; additionally, up to 10 items can be made to sell from one design. Commercially produced products made from my instructions are prohibited. All Kristin Omdahl patterns, books, handouts and videos are licensed for single use and remain the intellectual property of Kristin Omdahl. This pattern may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise.
©Copyright 2023 All Rights Reserved
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Books
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Courses
- Browse Kristin Omdahl Videos
- Subscribe to my newsletter here
How Do I Download My Pattern or eBook?
Once payment is received, you will receive an email containing a download link button for the PDF pattern. If you do not receive your email immediately, please check your spam filters. If you are logged into your account at the time of purchase, you will also have 24/7 access and unlimited downloads to your pattern in your downloads library in your account section of the Kristin Omdahl website. All patterns are written in standard US terms. NO refunds on digital products.