Kristin Omdahl presents Knitting Outside the Swatch: a library of 40 original and innovative stitch motifs and shows how joining one or more motifs can create trims or whole fabrics. Center-out, top-down, and side-to-side construction.
In addition to the 40 stitch motifs, with Knitting Outside the Swatch, enjoy 10 project patterns including shawls, cowls, scarves, and sweaters!
Kristin illustrates how to interchange various motifs in these patterns and encourages you to incorporate motifs into other designs. Learn how to integrate these motifs into the body of a garment, and, more simply, how to decorate or embellish other knitwear by using motifs as edgings, bands, cuffs, and more. Get to thinking outside the box with this must-have knitting book!
Paperback: 144 pages
Publisher: Interweave Press (October 31, 2013)
Browse more Kristin Omdahl books HERE
Browse Kristin Omdahl single PDF patterns HERE
Browse Kristin Omdahl Free Patterns HERE
Kristin Omdahl Ravelry Store HERE
Kristin Omdahl Etsy Store HERE
Kristin Omdahl Patreon HERE
Here is a photo gallery of some of the gorgeous projects you can make with this Knitting Outside the Swatch book:
Kristin Omdahl is the best-selling author of dozens of knit and crochet books; designer of almost 1000 knit and crochet patterns; and producer of award-winning videos. You can join Kristin LIVE 5 days a week for The Kristin Omdahl Show on YouTube and browse through thousands of tutorial videos there, too. Kristin donates a portion of every sale to help survivors of domestic violence. Learn more about Kristin’s charity, Project Kristin Cares HERE.
Shop all of Kristin Omdahl’s knitting and crochet patterns, books and courses here:
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Books
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Courses
- Browse Kristin Omdahl Videos
I would love to see your creations. Just as much fun as making these myself is the satisfaction I get from seeing my designs come to life and other knit and crochet fans wearing them too. There are now 2 ways you can share what you have done!
- I have recently added a wonderful new interactive section to the website which I invite you to take part in, it has been a smashing success and such fun so far. It is the new “Share Your Project” section. You, my creators, can upload images and descriptions of your creations to share with the ever growing community! To upload simply click here.
- If you want to continue the party, join the KO Community Forums on my website. It is 100% PRIVATE! You can start or join forum posts, and even direct message others, too. Join the KO Community forums HERE
Additionally, I host a livestreaming podcast, vlog or show weekday on my YouTube Channel called The Kristin Omdahl Show. You can join the audience and even ask me questions LIVE! I often do a show and tell, or quick demo and I always interact with the live audience. It is a lot of fun!
You can also Refer-A-Friend and get rewarded, too! Learn more HERE
I look forward to seeing what you create!