Kristin Omdahl’s Crochet So Fine takes crocheted clothing from fussy to fashionable! By working with thinner yarns and more flexible stitches, crocheters can produce garments that are stylish and comfortable, figure-flattering without being form-fitting and great for layering. And just because the yarn is thin doesn’t mean crocheters need to use the smallest of hooks, fine crochet can be quick and easy, too.
Crocheters begin by exploring techniques specific to crocheting with fine yarns: gauge, blocking, and garment construction tips to maximize drape. Then they can choose from 20 projects including stunning crocheted pullovers, cardigans, jackets, capes, shawls, scarves, hats, and more. Many of the projects only require one or two skeins of yarn. The designs are interesting to make, using clever stitch motifs, innovative and traditional shaping methods, and a variety of crochet techniques and embellishment ideas. In addition to a variety of stitch patterns, motifs, and techniques, Crochet So Fine includes tutorials with detailed illustrations and instruction on Tunisian crochet, broomstick crochet, and hairpin lace. The garments include couture details such as colorwork, beading, lace, ruffles, tiers, and more. All stitch motifs include charts, and the specialized techniques include how-to sections.
- “I could say Wow and leave it at that, or I could say double wow. This book is So Fine in so many ways – fine yarns, fine design. It really is what it claims – modern and fashionable crochet. Kristen is magic with a crochet hook. I want to make and wear nearly all of these patterns. I’ve never seen crochet look so good. It’s one of the best books I have seen this year… It’s official I like every patten in this book and would recommend it to everyone… Instructions look clear and the photography is very good.” – Karenplatt.co.uk
- “Gorgeous… Kristin has always brought a special eye to crochet design, bringing together the beauty in geometry, great stitching technique, an artistic eye, and lovely fashion sense. It all comes together in beautiful crochet, with one smashing design followed by another.” – Crochet Insider
- “Kristin’s newest book shows how the crocheter can work with thinner yarns and more flexible stitches to produce garments that are chic, figure-flattering and great for layering. Many of the projects use large hooks and are fast to work up.” – Stitch Diva Studios
- “See what a difference fine yarn and intricate lace stitches can make in Crochet So Fine, Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns (Interweave, $22.95) by crochetwear designer Kristin Omdahl. Her 20 light and airy creations are perfect for all body types and will add a feminine touch to any outfit.” – Detroit News
- “…overall this book has plenty of designs that will send the intermediate and advanced crocheter grabbing their hooks and raiding the yarn stash.” – Monsters and Critics
- “This book attempts…to show off crochet’s potential as a medium for soft, drapey, stylish fashions.” – About.com
- “The crochet patterns in this book are definitely at the light and floaty end of the scale. The designs are beautiful. Show stoppers but still very wearable.” – Crochet Brain
- “Say good-bye to stiff crocheted silhouettes. By using the fine yarns that have so caught knitters’ attention of late, this book ups the drape and comfort level of wearing lovely looped lace. From the very first pattern–through the rest of the ornate collection, Omdahl entrances.” – Yarn Market News
- “This book is another masterpiece by Kristin Omdahl.” – Ina Silver, At First Glance book reviews
- “Her circular motifs are her signature and her lace crochet is becoming legendary. Kristin’s designs keep us all fans of knit and crochet lace.” – Cari Clement, Caron International
- “20 different, tempting and very fashionable projects.” – CraftCritique.com
- “Now, with Crochet So Fine, she brings us even more figure-flattering, floaty and feminine shawls, wraps, accessories, tops and cardigans to love. These projects are not nearly as difficult as they look, nor as time consuming and most of them require only a skein or two of yarn.” – Crafter’s Choice Book Club
- “I loved all the designs.” – Darlisa Riggs, editor, Crochet Uncut online magazine
- “The cover of Crochet So Fine by Kristin Omdahl is one of the most beautiful covers I’ve seen on any book ever.” – Marcy Smith, editor, Interweave Crochet magazine
- “In addition to being a source for 20 stunning crochet projects, this book is also a fabulous tutorial for skills needed when crocheting with fine yarns.” – Amy Shelton, co-founder, Crochetville.org
- “Gorgeous.” – Mary Beth Temple, author, Hooked for Life
- “Her designs are fresh, contemporary, well-designed mathematically and visually beautiful and very intriguing.” – Faina Goberstein, The Designer’s Studio
- “Oh my gosh. It’s amazing. I wholeheartely recommend this book.” – Shevawn, Jimmy Beans Wool
- “Knit and crochet designer Omdahl (‘Wrapped in Crochet’) combats the bulkiness of crocheted garments and accessories with this collection of patterns using lace and fingering-weight yarns.
There are no reviews yet.