Introduction to Knitting Online Course Part 3 with Kristin Omdahl
Learn how to knit a trio of colorful, slip stitch mosaic hats in the round with Kristin Omdahl in this introduction to online knitting course part 3. This course features over 4 hours of instruction including step by step videos of every component of the final 3 projects.
Please Note: You must log into your KO account before you purchase this course.
What you will learn in this slip stitch mosaic knitting online course:
- Learn how to knit in the round with circular knitting needles and double pointed knitting needles, step by step, with helpful tips and tricks I have learned over 18 years of designing, publishing and teaching in the craft industry.
- Learn 3 different slip stitch mosaic knit stitch patterns, in rows and in rounds, and combine them to make 3 beautiful hats from 3 knitting patterns designed specifically for this course.
- Learn each knitting stitch pattern individually in both rows and rounds.
- Learn how to read through the knitting pattern and chart, and then knit the swatches and hats, side by side with me, in slow motion, so you can start, stop, repeat, and learn at your own pace.
- Learn finishing techniques including steam blocking and weaving in ends.
- Learn several trouble shooting techniques for manually unraveling mistakes, adding stitches to cast on edge, and two ways to use lifelines!
What is included in this knitting online course:
- This knit course has well over 4 hours of instructions organized into separate chapters for easy reference.
- This knit course includes a 36-page handout with even more information than is covered in the course! You can download the course handout immediately after purchasing the Introduction to Knitting Course Part 3.
What you will need in this slip stitch mosaic knitting online course:
- 125 yds ea of 2 colors in #4 worsted weight yarn
- US9 (5.5mm) circular knitting needles, 16 in cord length
- US9 (5.5mm) double pointed knitting needles
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
Samples shown in: Lion Brand Yarn’s Woolease; 100% acrylic; 197yds per 3 oz (80g) balls; Rose Heather, Denim, Stillwater, Riverside, Grey Heather and Raindrops, 1 ball each.
Introduction to Online Knitting Course Part 23 has 6 chapters and 20 lessons:
Chapter 1: Yarn & Tools
Chapter 2: Gauge & Swatch
- Blocking and measuring swatch
- Alex stitch pattern even in rows
- Dylan stitch pattern even in rows
- Natalie stitch pattern even in rows
Chapter 3: Reading pattern and chart
- Slip stitch mosaic knitting
- Read the knitting pattern
- Read the knitting chart
Chapter 4: A Trio of Colorful Knit Hats
- How to knit the brim for all 3 hats
- How to knit the walls of the Alex Hat
- How to knit the crown of the Alex Hat
- How to knit the walls of the Dylan Hat
- How to knit the crown of the Dylan Hat
- How to knit the walls of the Natalie Hat
- How to knit the crown of the Natalie Hat
Chapter 5: Finishing Techniques
- Weaving in ends
- Joining second ball of yarn
- Steam blocking
Chapter 6: Troubleshooting
- Adding stitches to cast on edge
- how to carry yarn behind slipped stitches
- Untangling 2 colors of yarn
- How to unravel stitches to fix mistakes
- how to add a lifeline #1
- how to remove an unused lifeline
- how to add a lifeline #2
- how to use a lifeline to fix mistakes
Learn more with me!
Browse more of Kristin Omdahl online knit course and online crochet course subjects HERE
Kristin Omdahl patterns, books, handouts and videos are for your personal use only; additionally, up to 10 items can be made to sell from one design. Commercially produced products made from my instructions are prohibited. All Kristin Omdahl patterns, books, handouts and videos are licensed for single use and remain the intellectual property of Kristin Omdahl. This pattern may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise.
©Copyright 2022 All Rights Reserved
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Books
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Courses
How Do I Download My Pattern or eBook?
Once payment is received, you will receive an email containing a download link button for the PDF pattern. If you do not receive your email immediately, please check your spam filters. If you are logged into your account at the time of purchase, you will also have 24/7 access and unlimited downloads to your pattern in your downloads library in your account section of the Kristin Omdahl website. All patterns are written in standard US terms.