Introduction to Knitting Online Course Part 2 with Kristin Omdahl
Learn how to knit in the round with Kristin Omdahl in this introduction to online knitting course part 2. This course features over 4 hours of instruction including step by step videos of every single stitch and round of the final project.
Please Note: You must log into your KO account before you purchase this course.
What you will learn in this knitting online course:
- Learn how to knit in the round with circular knitting needles, step by step, with helpful tips and tricks I have learned over 18 years of designing, publishing and teaching in the craft industry.
- Learn 4 different knit stitch patterns and combine them to make a beautiful sampler stitch cowl from an exclusive knitting pattern designed specifically for this course.
- Learn each knitting stitch pattern individually.
- Learn how to read through the entire knit pattern, and then knit each and every stitch of the Sage Cowl Knitting Pattern side by side with me, in slow motion, so you can start, stop, repeat, and learn at your own pace.
- Learn three blocking techniques that you can use for any knit or crochet project.
- Learn several trouble shooting techniques for manually unraveling mistakes as well as different ways to pick up singular and multiple dropped knit stitches.
What is included in this knitting online course:
- This knit course has well over 4 hours of instructions organized into 22 lessons for easy reference.
- This knit course includes a 28-page handout with even more information than is covered in the course! You can download the course handout immediately after purchasing the Introduction to Knitting Course Part 2.
What you will need in this online knitting course:
- US15 (10mm) circular knitting needles, 16 in length, shown with these knitting needles
- Yarn needle
- #6 super bulky weight yarn, shown in Lion Brand Re-Spun Thick & Quick.
Introduction to Online Knitting Course Part 2 has 6 chapters and 22 lessons:
Chapter 1: Yarn & Tools
Chapter 2: Knit Stitch Patterns
- Casting on
- Stitch markers
- Join in the Round
- Garter Stitch in the round
- Stockinette Stitch in the round
- 1×1 Rib Stitch in the round
- Seed Stitch in the round
Chapter 3: Gauge and Blocking
- Three Methods of blocking
- Measuring gauge
Chapter 4: Reading A Knitting Pattern
- How to read a pattern
Chapter 5: Sage Cowl Pattern
- Cast on cowl
- 1st Texture Stripe
- 2nd Texture Stripe
- 3rd Texture Stripe
- 4th Texture Stripe
- 5th Texture Stripe
- 6th Texture Stripe
- 7th Texture Stripe
- Bind off and finishinig
- Blocking cowl
Chapter 6: Troubleshooting
- Unraveling mistakes and picking up dropped stitches
Learn more with me!
Browse more of Kristin Omdahl online knit course and online crochet course subjects HERE
Looking for more knitting inspiration?
Kristin Omdahl patterns, books, handouts and videos are for your personal use only; additionally, up to 10 items can be made to sell from one design. Commercially produced products made from my instructions are prohibited. All Kristin Omdahl patterns, books, handouts and videos are licensed for single use and remain the intellectual property of Kristin Omdahl. This pattern may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise.
©Copyright 2022 All Rights Reserved
How Do I Download My Patterns and Downloads?
Once payment is received, you will receive an email containing a download link button for the PDF pattern. If you do not receive your email immediately, please check your spam filters. If you are logged into your account at the time of purchase, you will also have 24/7 access and unlimited downloads to your pattern in your downloads library in your account section of the Kristin Omdahl website. All patterns are written in standard US terms.