The Natalie knit hat pattern is an exploration in slip stitch color work. The EASIEST of knit color work techniques you can learn!Use any two colors of worsted weight yarn to create this striking polka dot design hat. Mosaic knitting allows you to create gorgeous colorwork while only knitting with one color at a time. This pattern has a multiple of 6 sts in the round and a multiple of 6 sts + 2 when knit flat, even in rows. This hat is featured in my course Introduction to Knitting Part 3: A Trio of Colorful Hats. In this course you get 4.5 hours of video instructions, a 38 page handout and 3 hat patterns for only $19.99!
Kristin Omdahl’s Online Courses:
More Mosaic Knit Hat Patterns:
What you will need to make the Natalie Knit Hat Pattern:
- 250 yds #4 medium worsted weight yarn total: 125 yds in color A and 125 yds in color B
- US9 (5.5mm) circular knitting needles, 16”
- US9 (5.5mm) double pointed knitting needles
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
Shown in: Lion Brand Yarn’s Wool-ease; #4 worsted weight yarn; 197 yds (180m) per 3oz (85gm); 1 ball ea in color A, Riverside and color B Stillwater.
Gauge: 15 sts/ 24 rounds = 4 in (10cm) in slip stitch mosaic pattern
Hat: 19” circumference, 9” tall
Cast on (co), knit (k), purl (p), knit 2 together (k2tog), knit front and back of same stitch (kfb), slip stitch (sl), with yarn in back (wyib), bind off (bo), place marker (pm), slip marker (sm).
- On RS, slip stitches with yarn in back (wyib). On WS, slip stitches with yarn in front (wyif).
- Always slip stitches purlwise.
- Weave in loose ends as work progresses
- Turn work at the end of each row.
- Do not turn work at the end of each round.
- Have fun! Remember the point of being creative is to enjoy it!
Kristin Omdahl patterns, books, handouts and videos are for your personal use only; additionally, up to 10 items can be made to sell from one design. Commercially produced products made from my instructions are prohibited. All Kristin Omdahl patterns, books, handouts and videos are licensed for single use and remain the intellectual property of Kristin Omdahl. This pattern may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise.
©Copyright 2022 All Rights Reserved
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Crochet Patterns
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Knitting Patterns
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Books
- Shop Kristin Omdahl Courses
How Do I Download My Pattern or eBook?
Once payment is received, you will receive an email containing a download link button for the PDF pattern. If you do not receive your email immediately, please check your spam filters. If you are logged into your account at the time of purchase, you will also have 24/7 access and unlimited downloads to your pattern in your downloads library in your account section of the Kristin Omdahl website. All patterns are written in standard US terms.